Swing Bed – Extra Time to Heal
After a hospital stay, not everyone has the ability and strength to return to
everyday living. That’s why Edgerton Hospital designed its Swing Bed
program to facilitate a smooth transition between acute care and returning
home, or to other living arrangements. If you need more time to recover from
an illness, injury or surgery, our Swing Bed program allows you to do so in
a hospital setting. Among the many benefits are access to 24-hour skilled nursing
care and a variety of therapies (physical, occupational, speech and cardiac),
all in one location.
What you need to know about Swing Bed care:
- Swing Bed generally qualifies for Medicare coverage with the following
- Your Swing Bed care must be related to an acute hospital stay
- You must need skilled nursing or skilled rehabilitative services on
a daily basis, and must be complex enough that services must be performed
by or under the supervision of professional or technical personnel.
- You must have had a three day qualifying stay in an acute care setting
in the past 30 days.
- The average length of Swing Bed care varies based on need.
- Even if you have surgery or were hospitalized elsewhere, you can transfer
from that facility following discharge to receive Swing Bed care close
to home at Edgerton Hospital.
Click here for more information about Swing Bed services.
To find out if Swing Bed is right for you or your loved one, or
to make a referral, contact Nancy Johnson:
How to Make a Referral:
Call: Nancy Johnson, 608 884-1490
Fax: 608 884-1591, be sure to include:
- Face sheet
- History and physical
- Therapy notes
- Current medication list