“Every nurse who cared for me was absolutely wonderful - each and
every one went that extra mile. Your dietitian was extremely concerned
about my diet and went out of her way, and the building, to purchase some
food items. The team at Edgerton Hospital is terrific, thank you!”
– Nancy, Edgerton
Acute Care - Medical/Surgical Inpatient Care
Personal care delivered by experienced medical and nursing professionals - that is the essence of inpatient services provided at Edgerton Hospital. We are staffed and equipped to serve a broad range of medical needs.
And, in our Emergency Department, you’ll find a team of top-notch hospitalists. These are physicians who specialize in hospital-based care from admission to discharge. Our hospitalists manage and coordinate inpatient care, working closely with your primary physician or specialist.
What you need to know about Acute Care at Edgerton Hospital:
- Our Medical/Surgical Department is staffed 24/7 with registered nurses.
- With a staff-to-patient ratio typically around 1:5, you can be assured of prompt and personal care.
- Nurses visit patients hourly to monitor their medical condition and needs.
- Private rooms are available.
- In-house services include the availability of an on-site pharmacy, registered dietician, and rehabilitation services.
- Patient and family services are provided by a medical social worker.